Last updated: August 1, 2016
Nintendo knows that privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice describes how Nintendo Co., Ltd. ("Nintendo", "we", "us" or "our"), with registered offices at 11-1 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan, collects, uses, discloses, stores, and protects your information when you visit our website at http://developer.nintendo.com or use any of the services available through it (our "Services").
1. YOUR INFORMATION
We collect the content and other information that you provide to us when you use our Services, including when you complete our registration forms and anytime you are in contact with us. The types of information you may provide include:
- Registration information that you provide when signing up to use our Services, including your name, e-mail address, professional details and other contact details you provide;
- Login information that you use to sign in to our Services, such as your username and password;
- Public profile information displayed about you when you use our Services, such as your screen name and any other profile information that you choose to share;
- Project information about proposed game or application developments and details of developments that you are currently working on;
- Legal information concerning any legal agreements that you execute in order to use the website and the Services (such as the Nintendo Developer Portal’s Terms of Service and Non-Disclosure Agreement);
- Payment Information such as your bank account information that you provide to us through the Services in order for us to issue payments to you;
- Uage Information related to your use of our Services, such as crash reports, technical information about the device and other usage information generated by your interactions with the Services;
- Correspondence you send directly to us and that we send to you;
- Any other information you choose to provide directly to us.
2. COOKIES & LOG FILES
Cookies: Cookies are small files downloaded to your computer to track movements within websites, to keep track of the fact that you have signed in so you do not need to continually enter your username and password, and to store the language in which you choose to view the website. Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies.
The cookies that we serve are necessary to provide you with the Services you have requested. For example, we serve cookies that enable us to authenticate you when you use our Services and to maintain your website session. We also serve cookies that enable us to remember any language preferences you specify so that we present the Services in your preferred language. We do not serve any cookies for advertising purposes.
You can often set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, and you may also be able to elect not to accept cookies (including the cookies described above) by changing the designated settings on your web browser. However, not utilizing cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and features of the Services.
Log Files: Certain information is transmitted to us by your internet browser each time you visit our website, including the date and time of your visit, the name of the pages and files that you accessed, the website you came from, the type of internet browser and operating system you used and your device’s IP address.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
(a) We may store and use the information that you provide to us in order to:
- Register you with, and provide you with access to, the Services;
- Review your application to become an approved Nintendo developer;
- Review any projects that you submit through the Services;
- Provide you with access to development parts and tools through the Services;
- Provide you with technical support;
- Perform analytics in order to improve the Services;
- Prevent potentially illegal or offensive activities;
- Enforce our rights or the rights of other users of the Services;
- Conduct any other uses, including the use of your information in a non-aggregate manner, disclosed to you at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
(b) We generally store information included in log files for a limited period of time for the purpose of ensuring the security and proper functioning of our Services, as well as for statistical purposes. For the purposes listed in section 3 (a) above, we may store this information as long as needed for such purposes.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
At times we may make certain information that we collect available to our affiliated companies, to our third party partners, and for legal and business purposes:
- Nintendo Affiliates. We may share information with other Nintendo affiliated companies (including Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Nintendo of America Inc., Nintendo Australia Pty Limited and Nintendo of Korea Co., Ltd.) to process for purposes that are consistent with those disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Data Processors. We may share information with third party data processors acting on our behalf that either provide us with services in connection with the development, operation and delivery of the Services, or that are authorized to sell on our behalf development tools to you.
- Legal and business purposes. We may disclose your information in order to comply with legal process, to respond to claims or inquiries, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Nintendo, our users, or the public. Your information may also be disclosed as part of any sale or transfer of company assets, if legally permitted.
You are responsible for any information that you share with others through use of our Services.
Nintendo uses appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we update this Privacy Notice, we will revise the "Last Updated" date above. We will provide a prominent notice of material changes affecting the type of information we collect from you and/or our use of your information prior to any such change being applicable to you.
7. CONTACT US WITH YOUR PRIVACY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions, complaints or comments regarding this Privacy Notice, or any of our privacy practices, you may choose to contact:
- - Our European Customer Support. Contact details of your local Nintendo Customer Support can be found at http://contact.nintendo.eu.
- Our American headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 1-888-977-7627, or via regular mail at Nintendo of America Inc., Attn: Privacy Administrator, 4600 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A.
- Our Japanese headquarters at contact_NDA@nintendo.co.jp, via phone at 81-75-662-9600, or via regular mail at Nintendo Co., Ltd, Attn: Licensing Department, 11-1 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan.